Splash Foundation provides free swimming programmes to migrant workers and refugees as well as children from underprivileged backgrounds. They believe that everyone should have a chance to learn a sport that can not only save lives but help build confidence and social connection.
During COVID, summer programmes ceased due to pool closures and advanced courses could only be run at the beach where possible.
Going forward, Splash Foundation aims to:
- Return to fundraising events
- Maintain their strong volunteer base
- Increase pool access options including steel pools in abandoned warehouse
- Expand beneficiaries to include elderly and children with special needs
- Scale up to countries beyond Hong Kong