AFS Intercultural Exchanges Ltd
Mission: AFS Intercultural Exchanges is an international, voluntary, non-governmental, non-profit organization that provides intercultural learning opportunities to help people develop the knowledge, skills and understanding needed to create a more just and peaceful world.
• Partial funding for staff (Program Director, Program Officer, Principal Trainer and Administrator) and operations for new projects and programs on Intercultural Learning: HKD 600,000.
• Funding support for program design and development for new projects and programs on Intercultural Learning: HKD 200,000.
• Volunteers with professional training and workshop facilitating skills especially for age groups of 12-14 and 15-18 years old, number of volunteers required is about 10.
• Donation items for future cultural exchange students such as coupons for airfare and transportation, or discounted airfare for exchange students under AFS Hong Kong.
• Professional coaching and counselling for staff: number of hours required is around 10 per beneficiary.
Top 3 challenges:
• Experienced a decrease in revenue.
• Services or projects have been stopped or postponed.
• Experienced reduced organisational capacity due to volunteer absences, moving to a virtual working environment or remote facilities.
Impact on beneficiaries:
A global alumni survey at the end of 2018 with 10,500 respondents, including year and short program returnees has the below findings:
• 80.4% of returnees indicated that their exchange helped them improve their problem-solving skills.
• 89.7% of returnees indicated that their exchange helped them better communicate and collaborate with people from different cultures and backgrounds.
• 81.7% of returnees indicated that their exchange helped them become fluent in another language.
• 83.8% of returnees indicated that their exchange helped them develop the ability to adapt in a diverse workplace environment.
For more infos
What issues do you want to advocate for?