Association of World Citizens Hong Kong China
Mission: Enhance Human Rights of Mainly Transgender People in Hong Kong.
Beneficiaries: Youth, Women, Elderly, Mentally and Emotionally Disabled/ Challenged, Other Marginalized (e.g. LGBTQ+, Former drug abusers, Ex-offenders, etc).
• We need an operating site, one full-time staff, and basic equipment for efficient operations. We have to look for space for all activities that we host.
• We need additional funds to run activities that are deferred due to COVID-19. Examples are non-refundable deposits paid to acquire space for our activities, additional storage costs for items that were bought but activities deferred, etc.
• We need to ease our cashflows and repay our debts as some of our grants or income have been cancelled or delayed due to deferral of these activities.
• Some of the basic equipment we need could be received in-kind if donors are available.
• Referrals to generate income like corporate screenings of our movies, consultations to corporates to build trans-friendly workplaces, etc.
Top 3 challenges:
• Difficulties to source funds to support a marginalized group of people in a very conservative social environment.
• Difficulties to source operating funds to support an official operating site with full-time staff and basic equipment.
• Difficulties to source funds to assist our members to fight for their equalities.
Impact on beneficiaries:
Our empowerment programs offered the skills to our members to live a better life and also peer support to improve their mental health. Our education programs penetrated different layers of society to understand transgender people thereby driving acceptance and reduce discrimination.
For more infos
What type of NGO are you interested in?