Bring Me a Book Hong Kong
Mission: Bring Me a Book Hong Kong uses evidence-based research to provide transformational training for parents and educators, the best Chinese and English children’s books and quality programs to access authors and literacy experts, to enrich the lives of all in the Hong Kong community.
Beneficiaries: Infants and Children, Women, Families ad Community, Ethnic Minorities, New legal immigrant families, Impoverished, Children with special education needs.
• Salary for 3 x Program Staff: HKD 250,000
• Office rent and operational costs for 6 months: HKD 180,000
• Bags of books for children for 20 schools/centers (4 books per bag) HKD 120 x 400 bags = HKD 48,000.
• Volunteers can help pack and distribute book packs.
Top 3 challenges:
• Finding alternative revenue streams after sustaining a 40% reduction in our service revenue since November 2019 with multiple cancelled events.
• Implementing our library program due to school and community center closures.
• Moving training online for our beneficiaries.
Impact on beneficiaries:
We have partnered with 85 schools and community centers, inspiring a love of reading through our library program and author visits for over 66,000 children. We have also increased parents’ knowledge of how to nurture their child’s love of reading by almost 50% (from 34% to 83%) according to 1,100 pre- and post-parent survey results.