Christian Action – Centre for Refugees
Mission: The Centre for Refugees creates an inclusive community for refugees by fulfilling their humanitarian needs, providing opportunities for their future and empowering them to live with hope and dignity.
Beneficiaries: Infants and Children, Youth, Women, Men, Elderly, Physically Disables/Challenged, Mentally and Emotionally Disabled/Challenged, Medical Conditions, Families and Community, Ethnic Minorities, Social enterprises and other non-governmental organization, Refugees and asylum seekers, Children with special education needs, stateless children.
• Staffing and Operations Funding: est. HKD 3 million
• Volunteers with Skills in: IT, Accounting, Communications and Marketing (and design), Fundraising.
• Champions/Volunteers who can introduce us to head of foundations especially family foundations who can sympathize with our cause.
Top 3 challenges:
• Lack of manpower.
• Limitation in delivering services.
• Beneficiaries and Centre are not eligible for any Government support.
Impact on beneficiaries:
As processing of refugee claims may take many years,refugees need immediate and indispensable support to help them live a dignified life in HK. Thus, we provide comprehensive support by filling gaps in welfare and educational support. Without which, many would have no access to shelter, food, medical/mental health treatment, educational and training opportunities.