Community Drug Advisory Council
Mission: To prevent initiation of drug misuse and to minimize drug-related harm. To promote healthy lifestyles among the public.
Beneficiaries: Infants and Children, Youth, Families and Community, Ethnic Minorities, Ex-drug abusers.
• HKD 300,000 for covering income shortfall
• HKD 150,000 for new health education project targeting ethnic minorities in Hong Kong
• Volunteers with online communications expertise
• Donation of video production software and shooting tools
• Pro bono service on website revamp
Top 3 challenges:
• Estimated deficit.
• Limited manpower to respond to increased needs for health education.
• Limited infrastructure and tools for producing online materials for public health education.
Impact on beneficiaries:
• Increase in knowledge about drug and health-related issues.
• Increase in skills on health management, build and maintain a healthy social life, as well as say no to smoking and drug.
• Engaging different professions in knowledge exchange on drug-related topics and interventions.