Fair Employment Foundation
Mission: Our mission is to end forced labour.
Beneficiaries: Women, Families and Community, Ethnic Minorities, Migrant domestic workers.
• Funding to support our staff
• Funding to support the operations of our agency
Top 3 challenges:
• The regional lockdown in the Philippines and the public gathering restrictions in Hong Kong has led to a halt in our services and the beneficiaries we work with.
• Income has reduced as fundraising events have had to be cancelled and we have reduced revenue as demand for our services at Fair Employment Agency has decreased.
• Uncertainty around forecasting our operations in the future, and how this will have long-term impact.
Impact on beneficiaries:
Employment Agencies: Fair Employment Agency has placed over 4200 workers. Most importantly though, it has aided the broader industry towards less exploitative market norms. Training Centers: Our training reduces termination rates of our workers from the industry standard of 35-40% to just 10%. By reducing termination rates, we are reducing instances of forced labour.