Mission: Waste Not, Hunger Not, With Love.
Beneficiaries: Elderly, Families and Community, Impoverished, Environment.
• Designated funding to support the operation of Food Angel’s work.
• Volunteers to help out meal/veggie preparation from Monday to Friday (no specific skills required).
• Food donation of raw food ingredients
Top 3 challenges:
• Steady inflow of rescued food/ purchased food to maintain stable food assistance service.
• Surging demand of food assistance services from underprivileged families.
• Recruit sufficient volunteers on meal preparation via Food Angel website (service availability may change subject to COVID-19 situation).
Impact on beneficiaries:
Food Angel rescues edible surplus food from different sectors of the food industry that would otherwise be disposed of as waste which turn into nutritious hot meals for the needy. We currently rescure 35 tonnes of edible surplus food each week, producing over 15,000 nutritious meals and helps distribute over 9,000 other meals and food packs daily free of charge for people who are in need of food assistance.
For more infos
What issues do you want to advocate for?