Mission: Waste Not, Hunger Not, With Love.
Beneficiaries: Elderly, Families and Community, Impoverished, Environment.
• Designated funding to support the operation of Food Angel’s work.
• Volunteers to help out meal/veggie preparation from Monday to Friday (no specific skills required).
• Donation of protective masks for beneficiaries, and volunteers/staff during meal preparation.
Top 3 challenges:
• Steady inflow of rescued food/ purchased food to maintain stable food assistance service.
• Surging demand of food assistance services from underprivileged families.
• Recruit sufficient volunteers on meal preparation via Food Angel website (service availability may change subject to COVID-19 situation).
Impact on beneficiaries:
Food Angel rescues edible surplus food from different sectors of the food industry that would otherwise be disposed of as waste which turn into nutritious hot meals for the needy. We currently rescue 35 tonnes of edible surplus food per week and prepare over 10,000 nutritious meals and 2,000 food packs daily free of charge for people who are in need of food assistance.