Greensart Development Fund Co. Ltd
Mission: Deliver Life Education through Agriculture events and activities.
Beneficiaries: Infants and Children, Youth, Families and Community, New legal immigrant families, Formal Non-Commercial Organization (e.g., Non-Profit, School, Foundation, Trade Association, Union, etc.)
• New location: It takes around 10 mins by vehicles or 30 mins on foot to go to the new site to most near public transportation exchange to Yuen Long.
• At least 2 clerical staffs on admin and communication with volunteers to kick start the new farm site.
• Payment to their transportation and daily allowance for clerical staff and volunteers.
• Once off around HKD 450,000 to setup basic infrastructures, hygiene, water, power and temporary office.
Top 3 challenges:
• Move to the new site need kick start capital and promotional cost.
• Lack of wages to employ permanent staff and temporary staff, as well as volunteers cost.
• New site is far far away from the main road. We need a 2nd hand / nth hand vehicle.
Impact on beneficiaries:
Running organic farms, provide working opportunities, family events to the citizens with very positive feedback on coherence, humanity and treat each other well. 55% of the users received the individual mentorship of the Community Service Order and the drug abusers continue to be our volunteers after the programme.