Mission: To tackle the social problems of domestic violence using diverse approaches, and promote harmonious and healthy relationships in families with a comprehensive range of preventive and therapeutic services.
Beneficiaries: Infants and Children, Youth, Women, Men, Elderly, Families and Community, Ethnic Minorities, Individuals/families with domestic violence, asylum seekers.
• Funding HKD 1,000,000 for recruitment of extra manpower
• Funding HKD 200,000 for purchases of IT equipment/software
• Volunteers: training provided by IT experts, video
• Shooting, design and software use for online programs
Top 3 challenges:
• Domestic abuse rises amid COVID-19. The demand for our 24-hour hotline, shelter and counselling services is increased.
• New projects on preparation and distribution of care bags, planning and execution of short stay project are added. Without funding for additional manpower resources, more workloads need to be borne by the staff for provision of new projects and extra needs of existing services.
• In response to the service needs during COVID-19, new services of organizing online programs are adapted. However, with limited budget on purchases of IT equipment and software as well as limited in technology knowledge and technical skills, the quality and quantity of online programs are restricted.
• Limited spaces available for abused women and children but the needs are great. The high occupancy rate of the shelter has increased risks on public health.
Impact on beneficiaries:
• Provide a safe emergency refuge centre for abused women and their children.
• Empower victims and help them restore their dignity and establish harmonious relationships.
• Protect and address the needs of children who have been affected by domestic violence.
• Prevent family violence and advocate for zero tolerance to domestic violence in the community.
For more infos
What issues do you want to advocate for?