HELP for Domestic Workers
Mission: To empower domestic workers through advice, assistance, education and support and to help them gain access to justice and receive fair and equal treatment.
Beneficiaries: Women, Men, Ethnic Minorities, Migrant domestic workers.
• We need funds to enable us to retain our team of 4 highly skilled and experienced case managers.
• We urgently need funds to enable us to hire personnel in critical positions – a fundraising manager, communications officer, and CEO.
• We need funds to enable us to continue the development of our education programs; Know Your Rights sessions, webinars and FirstHand program.
• We need legally-qualified volunteers to commit to working as caseworkers during the week.
• We need volunteers in a range of areas such as communications, fundraising, marketing, web design, and data management.
Top 3 challenges:
• Fundraising: The current socio-economic environment has made it more difficult for us to access funds from individuals and corporates.
• Program Development and Implementation: Social distancing measures and lack of resources have made it hard for us to develop and provide some of our outreach and education programs.
• Resourcing: Lack of funds has made it impossible to hire personnel in critical positions and appropriately qualified volunteers have proven difficult to find.
Impact on beneficiaries:
Over the last 3 years, we have assisted over 6,000 new domestic worker clients with their individual cases to successfully claim withheld entitlements and get them back on their feet and into the workforce as quickly as possible. Additionally, over the same period approximately 7,000 domestic workers have attended one of our “Know Your Rights” sessions, enabling them to better understand their rights in Hong Kong.
For more infos
What issues do you want to advocate for?