Sailability Hong Kong Limited
Mission: To make sailing accessible to EVERYONE
Beneficiaries: Anyone who wants to learn to sail from 7 – 80+
• Funding of coaches/instructors without whom we could not conduct our courses.
• Funding for new equipment i.e. life jackets/buoyancy aids, sails and miscellaneous items to keep our boats seaworthy.
• Funding for insurance to cover all our boats/equipment and 3rd party public liability insurance.
• Cost of travel and lunch for some low income families who come to sail with us.
• Marketing and PR volunteers to assist with the promotion of what we do and how we change lives.
Top 3 challenges:
• Loss of income from postponed courses due to COVID-19 – need to make up the deficit.
• Retaining our coaches, instructors and volunteers during our shutdown time as without these we can’t do what we do.
• Being able to cope with the influx of new sailors wanting to enjoy the therapeutic benefits we offer from this inclusive sport.
Impact on beneficiaries:
Demand has grown since 2009 and in the past 3 years we have included every evolving programs catering for different needs of under-represented people HK. New programs: mental wellness, supporting children/youth from 7 – 22yrs with free lessons, sailing for the Deaf, HKSB with Multiple Disabilities, the Elderly etc.