Inner City Ministries
Mission: To engage the South Asian community, to equip them and bring transform lives through Christian Ministry.
Beneficiaries: Infants and Children, Youth, Women, Men, Families and Community, Ethnic Minorities, Impoverished.
• Three of our senior staff resigned; we are understaffed but we do not have enough funds to hire new staff.
• We need HKD 180,000/Year to support one new staff for our sewing program.
• Funding to support young adults for their school and tuition fees.
• We are looking for committed volunteers who have good sewing skills, volunteers to help us website editing, promotional videos, photography and IT support.
• Cash coupons for the families who have lost their jobs due to COVID-19.
Top 3 challenges:
• Because of the social distancing rules, we are not able to run any programs in our center or communicate with our community.
• We are entirely supported by international churches and individuals. Funding has become a big issue. We have lost some potential donors: our expenses are increasing but the income is decreasing.
• Understaffed and need IT support.
Impact on beneficiaries:
Looking at all the needs, Inner City Ministries has taken some appropriate measures to fulfil the needs of our community through various education and training programs. We have witnessed over 100 lives transformated every year. Over 10,000 people heard the gospel. Around 5,000 meals have been distributed among the homeless, drug addicts and street cleaners every year. Many households and children received education, language and life skills training programs.