French Chamber Foundation
"Make It Work HK" programme was set up by French Chamber Foundation, dedicated to empower the working poor in Hong Kong, by providing them the tools of offering them employment support service, job training and mental wellness workshops. Their mission was to help them find better careers and improve sustainability in order to enhance their well-being and livelihood.
- Funding for programme and services to continue and maintain the operations of the centres
- Job opportunities offered to the beneficiaries
Top 3 challenges:
- In general circumstances, the economic and social conditions are already dire. The company was forced to close down because of the difficulties of offering our beneficiaries for job opportunities.
- The social distancing policies limited our services of performing face-to-face job skills training or job counselling.
- The instability of meal supplies, as well as the limited services, led to a decline in the number of beneficiaries.
Impact on beneficiaries:
We have helped over 100 beneficiaries gain job prospects and provided over 100 job trainings, as well as mental wellness workshops for them. Under our services, the livelihood of our beneficiaries has improved, and they now have a more positive mental state.
Get to know this charity
For more infos
What issues do you want to advocate for?