Mission: MakerBay Foundation established in 2017, is the charity arm of MakerBay Limited with the mission to promote maker education. It is a non-profit organization that grows and nurtures youth communities by infusing maker mindset and skills to the next generation so they can innovate solutions to help resolve social issues and create positive impacts.
Beneficiaries: Infants and Children, Youth, Elderly, Ethnic Minorities, Refugees and asylum seekers, Environment.
• Funding for staff and operations
• Funding for programs/ services
• Volunteers with specialist skills
• General volunteers
• Paying Staff
• Paying Rent
Top 3 challenges:
• Retaining staff: MakerBay experiences a high staff turn over
Onboarding and training new staff to be competent, confident, open minded and independent workers.
• Development of Online Platform:
- Diversifying current business operations to move to online platforms in response to fit with social distancing and quarantining regulations.
- Cost of Manpower to build new website with online learning
- License cost for software to build the platform and host website
- Hire staff to build and deliver online content
• Development of sustainable and strategic business model for future
Impact on beneficiaries:
Our Education Program provided skills training relevant to the next generation to invent the jobs of tomorrow.
• Hardware: provide access to tools and equipment to the youth
• Curriculum: developed maker curriculum for both the trainers and the youth
• Train-the-trainers: developed capacities of our partners through train-the-trainers program