Outward Bound Hong Kong
Mission: To help people discover and develop their potential, to care for themselves, others and the world around them through challenging experiences in unfamiliar settings.
• Capital expenditure (various needs, including essential safety equipment, repairs, etc) – HKD 2 million (minimum)
• Replenishment of Bursary fund – due to loss of fundraising income due to social unrest in 2019, our fund that permits students from disadvantaged backgrounds to receive course funding is diminished) – HKD 2 million
• Course funding – with long-term partners changing their schedule and priorities our delivery is impacted. We are trying to fund courses to replace those lost – HKD 1.5 million
Top 3 challenges:
• Maintaining income.
• Preserving capacity for future delivery.
• Recovering reserves which have been utilized.
Impact on beneficiaries:
We have provided transformative experiences that have built confidence, resilience and compassion for students who are experiencing challenging circumstances, allowing them to contribute to society and HK as a result.