Mission: We believe every child deserves a fair start in life. To that end, we ensure the most vulnerable children born in Hong Kong, and their migrant mothers, are respected and protected.
Beneficiaries: Infants and Children, Women, Families and Community, Minorities, Migrant domestic workers, Impoverished.
• To keep our centre & shelter open! With uncertainty as to whether we can hold our annual fundraising dinner, which was set to raise HKD 3 million, we are actively seeking funding to cover critical costs so we can keep our centre and shelter open.
• Unrestricted funding: We need to raise unrestricted funding to ensure we can remain nimble and responsive to ongoing uncertainty and unexpected needs of our beneficiaries, and cover funding gaps until new grants get approved.
• Community empowerment: We are looking for donations and sponsors to continue our community outreach and women’s empowerment work to prevent children and women falling into crisis in the future. It is more important than ever to empower at-risk groups to protect themselves.
Top 3 challenges:
• Fundraising (due to inability to hold annual gala dinner)
• Hiring freeze and maximum capacity across all teams.
• Lacking automated systems/processes to easily track financial position and minimize associated administration.
Impact on beneficiaries:
Over the past 3 years we have provided crisis intervention, social welfare, healthcare and legal support to almost 3,000 babies, children and migrant mothers. We have also empowered tens of thousands of migrant women.