Pro Bono HK
Medical Conditions, Families and Community, Ethnic Minorities, New legal immigrant families, Migrant domestic workers, Impoverished, Refugees and asylum seekers, Homeless, Children with special education needs, Other Marginalized (e.g. LGBTQ+, Former drug abusers, Ex-offenders, etc.)
- Urgent need for funding as we are now operating off very limited reserves
- Urgent assistance needed for ongoing treasurer/bookkeeper
- Urgent assistance needed for skilled fundraising strategist/person to help with fundraising
Top 3 challenges:
- Lack of manpower. Unfortunately as funding has dried up we have had to cut staff.
- Lack of financial resources. So we have had to delay payment of rent to focus on continuing to serve clients remotely - but this means we may not have premises in future when we can resume full operations and in person services.
- Inability to fund-raise - lack of capacity to focus on fundraising during the last two years as we struggle financially and just to deliver services.
Impact on beneficiaries:
We have handled over 300 individuals living in poverty or without financial means exercise their lawful rights to retain access to custody of their children, to work and access services free of discrimination, to be able to live safely in their homes, and to access to education, welfare, health services for themselves or their families, and to help resolve disputes.
- Children with special education needs
- Ethnic Minorities
- Families and Community
- Former drug abusers
- Medical Condition
- Mentally and Emotionally Disabled
- Migrant domestic workers
- New legal immigrant families
- Physically Disabled
- Refugees and asylum seekers
For more infos
What issues do you want to advocate for?