Produce Green Foundation
Mission: To promote organic farming and greener lifestyles so that they become part of a sustainable culture of humankind.
Beneficiaries: Infants and Children, Youth, Elderly Families and Community, Formal Non-Commercial Organization (e.g., Non-Profit, School, Foundation, Trade Association, Union, etc.), Environment.
• Funding for staff and operations: HKD 750,000
• Volunteers: information technology specialists/ consultants
Top 3 challenges:
• Education activities could hardly be organized due to public hygiene considerations.
• A decrease in donations from corporations and individuals.
• A considerable proportion of volunteers could not provide services due to fears of contagion.
Impact on beneficiaries:
Consumers consistently show increased interest in organic foods, and thus more organic farms are established in Hong Kong in the past 3 years. Besides, students and public enjoy growing their own food, so more campus gardens and community gardens are found recently.