Mission: Our mission is to prevent and transform textile waste to catalyse a circular economy – reducing fashion’s water, chemical and carbon footprints.
Beneficiaries: Social enterprises and other non-governmental organizations.
• Our team really needs good functioning computers, but we have had to cut them out of the budget entirely.
• Program funding to ensure we are able to continue our work during and post COVID-19 when the industry most needs direction.
Top 3 challenges:
• Numerous cancelled events in a row (which are core to our fundraising and awareness-raising).
• Perceived external sense that we are not vital, as not providing immediate relief/frontline/ direct social services, when, in fact, we believe environmental issues impacting all of humanity to be more vital than ever.
• General lack of funding opportunities due to funders (understandably) redirecting or halting funds during COVID-19.
Impact on beneficiaries:
In 2019 alone we collected 15.4 tonnes of unwanted clothing from 130 schools, companies and clubs and redistributed it to benefit more than 20 charities, with the help of 419 volunteers. Meanwhile, our Redress Design Award programme continues to grow, educating emerging designers globally on circular and sustainable fashion design and production.