Mission: We empower future community leaders to bring about inclusive social change.
Beneficiaries: Youth, Women, Men, Physically Disabled/ Challenged, Mentally and Emotionally Disabled/Challenged, Ethnic Minorities, Refugees and asylum seekers, Migrant domestic workers, Social enterprises and other non-governmental organization, Other Marginalized (e.g. LGBTQ+, Former drug abusers, Ex-offenders, etc), Emerging community leaders from marginalized and under-represented groups.
• Multiyear partnership through large-scale grants (HKD 1-3 million per year) to maintain and scale up our programs and build our capacity to move our NGO from start-up to established phase, particularly over the period of our next strategic plan 2021-2024. We believe in accountable, honest and trust-based collaboration.
• Smaller grants (HKD 250,000 – HKD 1 million) to support our Alumni Network program and new Opportunity Fund, a small grants scheme we are piloting in 2020 to provide financial support to alumni so they can kick-start their projects and meet the needs in the community right now.
• Corporate collaboration with companies that are committed to meaningful impact, diversity and inclusion and can engage in a holistic partnership with us that encompasses: venue hosting of our workshops, speaking engagements for staff, pro bono projects (research, communications and legal) and some financial contribution towards fellowship.
• Skilled and committed long-term volunteers, particularly in the areas of media & communications, graphic design, copy-editing, technology, accounting, training and facilitation and human resources. We are also looking to expand our board in the coming years and establish more committees.
• Long term tech support. As a new organization, Resolve has built up many systems from scratch. In our first three years we prioritized financial and human resources processes. However, we are now at a stage where our IT needs to catch up (hardware, policies, CRM, website, social media). This is even more urgent in the digital age post-COVID. With lack of internal capacity/skills, we need funding and external consultancies.
Top 3 challenges:
• Now: We are adapting our fellowship and alumni programs to the current constraints by moving some activities online and creating policies for precautionary health measures. We have considerable tech needs.
• Next months: Finalizing our 2021-2024 Strategic Plan to rise to the occasion of the post-COVID world, playing a role in building community resilience and the social fabric. We see opportunities for Resolve’s role as a convener.
• Next years: Planning on how we can maintain and scale up our work to grow our alumni network and public awareness-raising on social justice during a possible economic downturn. We are looking for multi-year funding partnership.
Impact on beneficiaries:
Our social justice fellowships, on racial equality, ending gender-based violence and disability have inspired, empowered and connected 53 emerging leaders. Last year, fellows had a collective reach of 53,000 people. 80% reported they probably or definitely would not have been able to accomplish what they had without Resolve’s support.