Rotary International District 3450
Mission: The Object of Rotary is to encourage and foster the ideal of service as a basis of worthy enterprise to encourage and foster certain values.
High ethical standards in all areas, recognition of the worthiness of all useful occupations and the dignifying of each Rotarian’s occupation as an opportunity to serve society. Rotary members unite across the globe to put our experience and knowledge to work tackling our most pressing challenges.
We focus our efforts in seven areas: Promoting Peace, Fighting Disease, Providing Clean Water, Supporting Education, Saving Mothers and Children, Growing Local Economies and supporting The Environment.
Beneficiaries: Youth, Elderly, Physically Disabled/ Challenged, Families and Community, Formal Non-Commercial Organization (e.g., Non-Profit, School, Foundation, Trade Association, Union, etc.), Homeless, Environment.
• Funding for programs/ services
• Donation items (e.g. food, coupons, masks, clothes, furniture, etc.)
• Funding for items for beneficiaries
Top 3 challenges:
• Our activities could hardly be organized due to pandemic, as our funding mainly came from large scale events, individual and corporate sponsorship.
• As an international NGO, our service subject should not only limit to the current location. We need to have more funding to scale up to reach more unprivileged in the world.
• In need of funding for expanding current events and starting up new programs.
Impact on beneficiaries:
We have educated elders and their families to handle dementia in a professional way and submitted HKD 51,000 charity fees for needy. Sustain seafood program have reached 1000+ people in Hong Kong, in particular, the seafood guide provides good knowledge on ocean ecosystem and a sustainable way to consume seafood.