Run Hong Kong Ltd
Mission: Rehabilitate vulnerable refugee women through sport and education.
Beneficiaries: Women, Mentally and Emotionally Disabled/ Challenged, Impoverished, Refugees and asylum seekers.
• Funding for a psychologist
• Funding to increase capacity of the program
Top 3 challenges:
• Increase demand of services.
• Rising poverty issues.
• Lack of funding to increase organization capacity.
Impact on beneficiaries:
• Improved mental and physical health of a vulnerable group of refugees, through the creation of a safe and dedicated environment.
• Gender Equal Access to healing for vulnerable refugees through sport.
• Restore independence and dignity through education and training to prepare for re-entry into the workforce.
• Promotion of awareness and understanding amongst the local community towards refugees’ living circumstances.
• Strengthen international support for refugees and the countries who host them.