St. Barnabas’ Society and Home
Mission: Serve the poor and homeless in Hong Kong.
Beneficiaries: Infants and Children, Elderly, Families and Community, Homeless, Children with special education needs, Impoverished
• Funding for staff and operations
• Funding for programs/ services
• Volunteers with specialist skills
• Donation items (e.g. food, coupons, masks, clothes, furniture, etc.)
• Funding for items for beneficiaries
Top 3 challenges:
• We need to continue our medical projects without any funding from July 2020-June 2021.
• We need funding for our deficit of $1,300,000.
• Because of the reducing headcount, each staff has to bear additional workload.
Impact on beneficiaries:
SBSH is like a bridge offering a way for our service users to walk through a difficult stage of their life such as desperation and loneliness to a better situation with hope and love. More than 450 service users enjoyed the activities and services of our day centre and got improvement in their stage of life.