The Boys’ Brigade, Hong Kong
Mission: The advancement of Christ’s Kingdom among young people and the promotion of habits of Obedience, Reverence, Discipline, Self-respect and all that tends towards a true Christian Manliness.
Beneficiaries: Infants and Children, Youth, Women, Men, Children with special education needs, Families and Community, New legal immigrant families, Impoverished Formal Non-Commercial Organization (e.g., Non-Profit, School, Foundation, Trade Association, Union, etc.), Social enterprises and other non-governmental organizations.
• Over 200 training programs have been cancelled due to the COVID-19 pandemic which has posed heavy financial burden on operation of our Ma Wan Event Centre, a whole person training bub for the youth established in July 2019.
• Invite professionals and volunteers from different sectors to provide us support such as marketing and promotion, public relations and media, management and development as well as human resources management.
Top 3 challenges:
• Lack of stable source of income to maintain operation of the organization.
• Suspension and cancellation of services and programmes due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
• Facing potential loss and withdrawal of participants of our companies of the Uniformed Group Section due to class suspension.
Impact on beneficiaries:
• Foster children’s cultivation of positive values; Nurture teenagers' attitudes of Servant Leaders.