The Child Development Centre
Mission: To provide quality learning experiences for the individual child and empowering their families.
Beneficiaries: Children with special education needs.
• Funding for staff and operations
• Funding for programs/ services
Top 3 challenges:
• Increased number of student withdrawals: With the growing concerns over COVID-19, the drop in class attendance continues to affect our income and operating expenditures.
• Changes in service delivery: All our group programs are suspended, one-on-one sessions are provided with reduced tuition fee to ease the financial burden of the families.
• Fundraising event postponement: The CDC gala dinner is our most important fundraising event which accounted for 70% of our donations last year. We are unable to hold our event as planned in June due to the current outbreak.
Impact on beneficiaries:
From 2017 to 2019, we provided a total of 4,207 hours of group programs and 6,391 hours of individual services to over 400 children and their families. According to our recent survey, 80% – 90% of parents agree their child is being fully supported in meeting their potential and find the therapy is of a high standard.