The Fred Hollows Foundation
Infants and Children, Women, Elderly, Medical Conditions, Families and Community, Ethnic Minorities, Impoverished
- Treat cataract through training local doctors and health workers
- Provide direct services, e.g. provide antibiotics for treating trachoma and arrange eye screening camp
Top 3 Challenges:
- Difficult to raise awareness about eye health, as it is niche topic among the public, even The Foundation is one of the key enablers
- Difficult to expand network beyond NGO sectors to commercial sectors especially during COVID-19
- More funding opportunities to support global programs
- Unrestricted donation from local targeted support to multi-year pledge large scale funding are all needed and welcomed.
- Networking opportunities beyond NGO sectors.
Impact on beneficiaries:
The outcomes of restoring sight to people with avoidable blindness can impact their daily lives. In the past three years, we have screened 9M people, treated 42.3M people with antibiotics for trachoma, and trained over 135,000 people globally. Gains in household productivity and income following sight restoration are important to poorer and disadvantaged households impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic.
For more infos
What issues do you want to advocate for?