Mission: Our mission is to incentivise volunteering with unique learning opportunities, while channeling the volunteers’ skills into the social services sector in an efficient and scalable manner.
Beneficiaries: Youth, Social enterprises and other non-governmental organizations.
• Seeking corporate partners to share our skilled-volunteer opportunities with their staff
• Seeking donors and sponsors to support our mission in getting more people to volunteer their skills and learn
• Seeking media sponsors to promote our skilled-volunteer matching program
Top 3 challenges:
• 270+ NGOs have expressed their needs for skilled-volunteers. 150+ have been onboarded onto our platform with a fast-growing number of skilled-volunteer positions to be recruited. We need to grow our skilled-volunteer base faster
• Fundraising: To support both our programs to encourage volunteering and match NGOs with skilled-volunteers, we have a target fundraising goal of HK$1.3 million for the next 2 years, any support would be appreciated!
Impact on beneficiaries:
Time Auction is a charity that advocates volunteerism. We encourage volunteering with inspiring experiences, while connecting skilled-volunteers with NGOs. By volunteering at any nonprofits, one can earn unique access to their passions — from learning to cook from Michelin-starred chefs to dining with inspiring entrepreneurs. With our volunteer community of diverse working professionals, we also have a platform that matches pro-bono talents who want to volunteer their skills with nonprofits that need their support.
Over 75,000 volunteer hours have been contributed since 2014 with over 6,800 participants having participated in the 450+ mentorship events we hosted. 68% of our attendees come for life advice and 87% say they have learned new things that would lead them to think or act differently – for example, some of our attendees have started their own businesses, changed careers, or taken a gap year to pursue their dreams based on the advice they received.
Since we launched our skilled-volunteer matching program in Sep 2019, over 2,000 individuals have been matched with 120+ NGOs. We receive about 5 applications per project on average, with 90% of the projects successfully filled after matching. 85% rated positively on their volunteer experience. 97% say they will continue volunteering with their skills with 23% having already applied to 2 or more positions. A wide range of skilled-volunteers have been successfully recruited for NGOs, from financial advisor, designer, marketer, fundraising support to web developer.