Voice for Prisoners Limited
Mission: Voice for Prisoners helps prisoners overcome some of the many challenges encountered behind bars. We support prisoners through advancement of education and prison visitation programmes. Through social media we raise awareness in overseas countries of the harsh penalties in Hong Kong for drug mules.
Beneficiaries: Prisoners and potential prisoners
- Social Media Manager - HK$ 500,000 per annum
- Project Manager - HK$ 450,000 per annum
- Education Fund - HK$ 500,000 per annum
- Radio Programme - HK$ 150,000
- Text Books for prisoners studying Open University degrees - HK$ 100,000
Top 3 challenges:
- Our mission is very unpopular and very few foundations are interested in our work.
- We have only two part time staff and the rest are volunteers. This is not sustainable in the long run.
- We have many requests from prisoners for education courses and we have insufficient funds to meet that demand.
Impact on beneficiaries:
We believe that through the extensive travels of our CEO to countries in South East Asia, Africa and Latin America, meeting with families of prisoners in those countries and extensive publicity through radio, TV, press and social media about 150 drug mules have not come to Hong Kong.